Resources / Powder Coating Specification
Powder Coating Specification
1. Blast product to a 1.00-2.00 mil surface profile. Profiles verified with Testex replica tape.
1.1. Galvanized steel to be blasted in accordance with SSPC-SP-7/NACE 4 Brush off blast.
1.2. Bare steel to be blasted in accordance with SSPC-SP-5/NACE 1 White Metal blast.
2. Apply 3.0-5.0 mils of Zinc Rich Epoxy primer to blasted surface.
2.1. Primer performance properties to meet or exceed
2.1.1. Adhesion 5B Pass
2.1.2. Flexibility 1/8” mandrel Pass
2.1.3. Pencil hardness H-2H
2.1.4. Specific Gravity 2.75-2.9
2.1.5. Zinc content to be >= 60% by weight
2.1.6. Impact 160/160
2.1.7. Salt spray <5mm at 5000hrs with appropriate top coat.
3. Apply 3.0-5.0 mils Super Durable Polyester top coat as per manufacturer’s specifications.
Finish color to be specified by customer.
3.1. Top coat material to meet or exceed AAMA 2604 specification in all of its categories.
4. Stove product until entire substrate has fallen into the curing window as specified by the manufacturer.
5. Entire coating to be able to achieve pull tests >2000psi ASTM D4541
6. All procedures to be performed inside a controlled environment to safe guard against any
Please wait while flipbook is loading. For more related info, FAQs and issues please refer to DearFlip WordPress Flipbook Plugin Help documentation.